Locky File Virus is a ransomware infection that clearly shows how the bad guys are skillfully improving their techniques while trying to earn more money. This virus not only displays misleading alert looking like a legitimate notification sent by Federal Bureu of Investigation but also locks the system down so that you can’t do anything about it. The main reason why scammers have released such virus is really simple – they expect you to believe that you have been ‘illegally watching copyrighted content and now you have to pay a ‘fine’ through Moneypak service’.
Victim is usually asked to go to Wallmart or Wallgreens stores to make a payment (see the image below). Before you go and pay, read the details below to make sure that you have a deal with serious cyber infection. We highly recommend not to fall for Locky File Virus virus because you will only support the online criminals in this way.
How people get infected with Locky File Virus?
This sophisticated intruder gets inside the system via trojan horses that come inside unnoticed by a user and download all the files needed for Locky File Virus. In addition, Locky File Virus locks the system down and displays its pop-up message based on misleading information about copyright and related rights law violation. In fact, it looks almost like a legitimate message displayed by FBI! However, you must keep in mind that this alert is completely deceitful and wants only to mislead you into spending your $100 to unlock the PC. Instead of that, you should don’t waste your time and remove Locky File Virus from your computer before it starts additional activity on your computer.
How can I remove Locky File Virus?
First of all, read how you can avoid getting infected with Locky File Virus virus: security experts recommend to ignore all the spam letters and never open attachments that can be found inside them. In addition, stop wasting your time with freeware because such programs may also come together with viruses. Finally, always make sure you have reputable anti-virus and anti-spyware programs installed so that they could help you to prevent such viruses like Locky File Virus.
Manual Locky File Virus removal (special skills needed!):
- Reboot you infected PC to ‘Safe mode with command prompt’ to disable Locky File Virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated SpyHunter to remove remaining Locky File Virus virus files.
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.