What is Trotux.com? (Trotux.com Hijacker Introduction)
Unauthorized home page modification is always a sign of illegal activity, and Trotux.com hijacker is one of the more dangerous infections which could take over your web browsers. The clandestine hijacker can corrupt the home page and the default search provider of popular browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. Even though the search provider which replaces the regular home page does not provide corrupted links for search results and does not filter them, you certainly should not trust it. In fact, any software which enters the operating system illegally deserves immediate removal. Due to this, you should delete Trotux.com hijacker as well.
How Trotux.com works?
Trotux.com is a suspicious search engine. As mentioned before, it does not present malicious search results; however, this is because the presented search results are actually conducted by Yahoo. Even though redirecting to search.yahoo.com is not considered to be highly malicious, this activity is unauthorized and, therefore, illegitimate. If you keep using the suspicious search tool, it is possible that the installed web cookies will collect valuable information. Unfortunately, it is impossible to know how exactly this information could be used in the future. Needless to say, using Trotux.com is not the best idea.
Unfortunately, Trotux.com is not the only browser hijacker which could be used to corrupt the web browsers installed onto the PC. Aartemis, Qone8, Qvo6, Portaldosites, and NationZoom are just few of the many computer infections which could be infiltrated onto the system. Do you know how malware is distributed? Schemers use drive-by download and social engineering scams to ensure that dangerous threats are infiltrated onto the operating system. For example, cyber criminals could camouflage the installer of the hijacker as some legitimate program. Nonetheless, in most cases the hijacker is packed together with other applications so that its installation would be less visible.
Why you need to delete Trotux.com?
If Trotux.com hijacker is installed onto the browsers successfully, the removal of this threat might appear quite complicated. This is because the infection can modify the properties of the browser so that a specific web shortcut would be opened every time you launch the browser. Due to this, even if you change the home page URL manually, the start page of your IE, Firefox and Chrome browsers will be Trotux.com. This can be fixed only if you change the Target of the browsers. In order to reach the modified target, you will need to access the Properties of your web browser and then click the Shortcut tab. Of course, the Target should not include the URL of Trotux.com.
Even though Trotux.com removal is not the most complicated task when you figure out the key of the process, the removal of the related programs could be much more difficult. Adware, adware helpers, browser helper objects, tracking cookies and potentially undesirable programs could enter the operating system together with the browser hijacker. Needless to say, if you remove the browser hijacker individually, the potentially malicious, intrusive applications will continue running on the PC. This is highly dangerous because the intrusive applications could open up Windows security backdoors and maybe even expose your personal, sensitive information to virtual schemers.
The intrusive applications and malware components related to the browser hijacker require immediate removal. If you are running the Windows operating system, we strongly recommend that you install legitimate, trusted security software to delete malware automatically. Unfortunately, only elements of the browser hijacker can be removed automatically. In order to change the home page and the search provider settings you will have to perform a few steps manually. This task may seem scary if you have not performed it in the past; however, we can assure you that no mistakes will be made if you follow the manual removal in a careful manner. Use the instructions presented below.
How to remove Trotux.com Homepage – Virus Removal Guide
If after the instructions are completed the unreliable home page and the search provider tools are restored, there is no doubt that the hijacker is still active on the PC. Make sure you change the Target to ensure that the preferred web shortcut is set to open up as a start page. Do not give up until malware is removed from the system because you do not want to get into more trouble.
Manual Trotux.com Removal Instructions:
If you wish to safely remove Trotux.com, you can either purchase the full version of SpyHunter spyware removal tool or follow the manual removal instructions below.
Delete Trotux.com from the browsers
Remove Trotux.com from Google Chrome:
- Launch the browser and simultaneously tap Alt+F.
- Select Settings and move to On Startup.
- Mark Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Now click Set pages.
- Remove the undesirable search tool and click OK.
- Now scroll down to Appearance.
- Mark Show Home button and click Change.
- Remove the undesirable search tool and click OK.
- Go to Search and click Manage search engines.
- Select a new search provider and click Make default.
- Click X on sweet-page.com to remove it.
- Select Done and restart the browser.
Uninstall Trotux.com from Mozilla Firefox:
- Launch the browser and move to the Firefox search box.
- Click the search provider icon.
- Now select Manage Search Engines.
- Click and Remove the undesirable search provider.
- Simultaneously tap Alt+T to open the Tools menu.
- Click Options.
- Click the General tab on the right.
- Remove or overwrite the Home Page URL.
- Click OK and restart the browser.
Delete Trotux.com from Internet Explorer:
- Launch the browser and simultaneously tap Alt+T.
- In the Tools menu click Manage Add-ons.
- In the menu on the left click Search Providers.
- Select a new default search provider.
- Remove the undesirable search provider.
- Click Close and simultaneously tap Alt+T again.
- Select Internet Options.
- Click the General tab and find the Home Page.
- Overwrite/remove the Home Page URL.
- Click OK and restart Internet Explorer.
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.